CorrectionDate: Mar 27, 2012,18:33 PM - (view entire thread)
I had to respond on a point of order.
Bulgari did not 'buy out" GG / DR 2 years ago, They already owned both brands 100% back in 2001 having bought them from a watch retailer in Singapore. Messrs. Genta and Roth had sold their brands to the Singapore watch shop in the late '90s.
All through the last decade, Bulgari Group have been ultimately responsible for all the watch models you liked (or disliked) from GG / DR......er....Bulgari!
Both brands made distinctive watches but sales were not up to expectation. By integrating into the Group, GG / DR watches suddenly plugged into the hundreds of Bulgari boutiques and thousands of retailers globally. You are more likely to find a Bulgari outlet than the handful of GG / DR shops. Unless you are in Kalamazoo, where they only have Seiko quartz watches.....hehehe.
MTF (formerly of Kalamazoo)
- LOL, hmm...and I thought they were trying to simplify... pingtsai : March 22nd, 2012-21:47
- Thank you for your thought. Appreciate you sharing them. [nt] pingtsai : March 22nd, 2012-22:24
- Yeah! Glad to see there are some fans here :) [nt] pingtsai : March 23rd, 2012-08:33
- At one point in Bulgari's history, watches had AP,JLC, Vacheron movements. pingtsai : March 23rd, 2012-08:48
- I don't think there is a TB lumber in NYC Bulgari... Capitan_Marcus : March 24th, 2012-18:12